Who doesn’t want a fast metabolism? Everyone does! It’s the secret to staying lean and healthy. It can also be easily achieved if you eat the right things. Get busy in the kitchen with these simple and effective metabolism-boosting recipes for every meal time and watch the pounds melt away!
Breakfast is all about getting off to the right start. Your body has been fasting while you’ve been asleep, so you need something to jump-start your metabolism, pronto!
- All-star brekkie: 2 eggs on wholegrain toast and a few bacon rashers
- Liquid brekkie: Smoothie (vegan protein powder, handful of blueberries, low-fat milk, 1/2 cup of oats)
- Brekkie with a crunch: Wholegrain toast with crunchy peanut butter
- Power Brekkie: Toasted muesli topped with natural yogurt and fruit
- Grab & go: Banana
A good lunch will keep you full and satisfied until dinner time rolls around. The humble sandwich is hard to beat in terms of customization and simplicity. Fill your two wholegrain slices with foods like turkey, tuna, goats cheese and Dijon mustard. Ancient grains like quinoa are great, too. Add in some lean chicken, simple leafy greens, tofu and a few cherry tomatoes and you’re all set!
One of the best and easiest ways to turn lunchtime into a fat-fighting pastime is with eggs. Simply chop up 3 hard-boiled eggs, stir in a pinch of chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, a dollop of Greek yogurt and 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and mix together until blended. Add this delectable spread to crackers, carrot sticks or bread for a tasty metabolism-boosting treat! ( Calories: 129 – Protein: 20g – Carbohydrates: 1g – Fat: 5g)
A quick fix between meals isn’t bad for you. In fact, just two simple snacks a day can help charge your metabolism for all-day fat loss. But don’t just reach for a bag of chips. A good snack has protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you full and fuel your muscles.
During the day snack on a nut bar or cheese and crackers to stop the cravings and avoid having anything sweet until after dinner. Other good options are mini tuna tins, yogurts, frozen veggies and a small tub of hummus with corn cakes.
- Best snack for a desk-drawer: 2 tsp nuts, 4 tsp dried cranberries (836kj 4g Protein, 9g fat)
- Best snack for office fridge: 2 cups carrot sticks plus 4 tbsp hummus (878kj, 5g protein, 5g fat)
- Best anytime snack: 1 tbsp peanut butter (397kj, 4g protein, 8g fat)
- Best gym-bag snack: One banana (416kj, 2g protein, 0.1g fat)